Do you have symptoms of the flu or strep but no time to go to the doctor? We offer rapid flu and strep tests.
Whenever you feel like you have the flu or strep, we can be your one-stop shop. Our highly qualified pharmacists can evaluate you, perform the strep or flu test and make sure you get the right medications.
Speak to one of our staff members for more information on our flu and strep testing.
Tarrytown Pharmacy has been committed to improving health in the Austin community since our very beginning in 1941. Knowing that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, we now offer in-store health screenings to detect indicators for serious health risks. These health screenings are available any time the pharmacy is open, no appointment necessary, and all of the tests can be performed in a matter of minutes. All exams are administered by pharmacy professionals with a licensed pharmacist on site to assist in interpreting the test results accurately.
- Walk-ins welcome, no scheduling required
- All tests available during normal pharmacy hours
- Results received by the end of the visit (usually 5-10 minutes)
- Simple finger-prick for tests requiring samples
- Blood Pressure (fasting NOT required)
- Hypertension, or high blood pressure, can be present without feeling any differently, and controlling high blood pressure is crucial in the prevention of heart attack or stroke. This test is completely non-invasive and involves an inflatable arm cuff.
- Blood Glucose (fasting recommended but not required):
- Blood glucose, or blood sugar, can lead to various different health issues when left uncontrolled. Controlling blood glucose is important to prevent health problems associated with diabetes including cardiovascular, vision, and kidney problems. This test involves a finger stick in order to test a small sample of blood for the current blood glucose level at that time.
- Blood Glucose Average (A1C) $40 (fasting NOT required):
- While the normal blood glucose test only provides a snap-shot of the current level of sugar in the blood, the A1C test can reveal what the average blood glucose level has been for the previous three months. This test also requires a finger stick to test the blood but is not affected by food and drinks consumed around the time of testing.
- Cholesterol (Full Lipid Panel) $40 (fasting for 10 hours required):
- This cholesterol test gives a complete breakdown of cholesterol in the blood including the HDL (good) cholesterol, the LDL (bad) cholesterol, and triglycerides. Maintaining a proper balance of cholesterol is vital to the prevention of heart attack or stroke.
Enroll in our Transition of Care Program
Having to go to the hospital can be scary. What can be even scarier is leaving with a stack of paperwork and unclear instructions on what to do next. Tarrytown Pharmacy is offering a new service called Transitions of Care. If you have just been discharged from the hospital within the last two weeks, we will go through all of your old and new medications and paperwork with you and contact your providers to make sure that you are properly set up for the future.
This service usually has a $260 service cost but for these next few months, it will be free of charge for all Tarrytown patients! The majority of medication related errors are caused by miscommunications between hospitals, primary care providers, and hospitals. We are here to make sure that does not happen to you. The next time you are discharged from the hospital, just call Tarrytown Pharmacy and ask for our Transitions of Care service.